UPDATE 1:30 p.m.: A 51-year-old woman suffered potentially life-threatening head injuries when she was struck by a Metro bus in downtown Seattle Thursday morning.
The woman was injured at the corner of Third Avenue and Pine Street just before 8:30 a.m., according to Kyle Moore with the Seattle Fire Department. She was treated at the scene and then taken to Harborview Medical Center.
The bus was heading north on Third, approaching Pine Street. As it was crossing the intersection with a green light, the woman stepped off the curb on the east side of the street and into the path of the bus, according to Seattle police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
Detectives with the Traffic Collision Investigation Squad are investigating.