The Island County Sheriff’s Office is investigating whether a 911 call falsely reporting a murder may have been placed to keep deputies busy during a bank robbery.
Just after 5 p.m. yesterday, a man called the Island County dispatch center claiming he had killed someone and gave an address in Greenbank, the Sheriff’s Office said. Deputies went to the location, but the call turned out to be false.
At about the same time, a man in a white cloth mask robbed a Wells Fargo Bank branch about 15 miles away in Clinton. A red midsize SUV, possibly a Saturn Vue, was seen leaving the parking lot right after the robbery.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus