UPDATE: 12:15 p.m.
The Associated Press
SEQUIM — A suspect in two homicides in the Sequim area has apparently killed himself following a standoff with police.
Clallam County Sheriff’s spokesman Jim Borte told the Peninsula Daily News that John Francis Loring died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds Wednesday after being holed up in an apartment for hours. Washington State Patrol negotiators had been speaking with him and residents of the apartment complex were evacuated.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
The 45-year-old Loring is suspected of shooting 19-year-old David Randle on Tuesday morning at a home. Loring also is suspected in the death of a 65-year-old man whose body was found Tuesday afternoon.