UPDATE 9:40 p.m.: The employees have left the store and are being interviewed by law-enforcement officers. No additional suspects were found, and there have been no reports of injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
UPDATE:Two people have been taken into custody at the Pawn X-Change at 15421 First Ave. S. in Burien.
Law-enforcement officers believe there may be one more suspect still inside the shop, but there have been no reports of injuries, according to King County Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindi West.
Police believe there are three Pawn X-Change employees hiding in a room inside the shop, and there is a King County Sheriff’s SWAT team at the scene, West said.
The initial call came in at 6:54 p.m. with a report of a robbery under way at the Pawn X-Change. The caller said there were about three males in black hoodies with handguns at the shop.
After officers arrived, they heard shots fired from inside the shop, West said
In addition to officers from the sheriff’s office, there are officers from the Renton, Normandy Park and Port of Seattle police departments at the scene.
EARLIER POST: Law-enforcement officers are responding to a possible hostage situation at a pawn shop in Burien.
Sgt. Cindi West of the King County Sheriff’s Office said police were at the pawn shop at 15421 1st Avenue South and shots had been fired, but she didn’t yet know whether anyone was hurt.
Police believe the suspect or suspects were trying to rob the shop, West said.
More information will be added as it becomes available.