UPDATE AT 1 P.M.: At around 12:40 p.m., Seattle police SWAT officers arrested the suspected gunman in the greenbelt near 13th Avenue South and South Dearborn Street. The man has been taken to the Seattle Police Department’s East Precinct to be interviewed before being booked into the King County Jail, police said.
ORIGINAL POST: Seattle police are investigating a report of shots fired in South Seattle and are searching for a suspect.
Police spokesman Mark Jamieson said that officers were notified about a suspect running around the neighbhorhood around 1200 block of South Dearborn Street with a gun.
“We have him in sight, we’re just trying to get to him,” Jamieson said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
It’s unclear if anyone was hit by gunfire.
“We don’t have any reports of anybody being hurt,” he said.
The state Department of Transportation reports the I-5 northbound and southbound off- and on-ramps to Dearborn Street are blocked because of the investigation.