UPDATE at 3 P.M.: City Light crews restored power at about 2:45 p.m. to the 3,600 homes and businesses that were affected by today’s power outage in the Ravenna, Roosevelt, View Ridge and Wedgwood neighborhoods. The cause of the outage is still not known.
ORIGINAL POST: Seattle City Light crews are responding to a power outage that has affected about 3,600 homes and businesses in the Ravenna, Roosevelt, View Ridge and Wedgwood neighborhoods.
The outage was reported about 11:20 a.m. An initial estimate for restoration of service is 3 p.m., according to City Light.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
The general boundaries of the outage are Northeast 94th Street on the north; Northeast 65th Street on the south; Roosevelt Way Northeast on the west; and Lake Washington on the east.
The cause of the outage was not immediately known, according to City Light.