Pierce County sheriff’s deputies serving a search warrant have fatally shot a man near Roy.
The shooting happened at around 5:30 p.m. at the man’s home in the 2500 block of 352nd Street South. Deputies were reportedly serving a warrant at the man’s home when he opened fire on the deputies. The deputies returned fire and killed the man.
No deputies were wounded.
SWAT was called to the home to serve the warrant because the man was allegedly shooting at neighbors earlier in the day and had made specific threats to kill neighbors and deputies, sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer tells the News Tribune of Tacoma. The man also reportedly opened fire on a sheriff’s aircraft, the News Tribune is reporting.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades