UPDATE: A man is dead after being shot in Seattle’s Ravenna Park early this morning.
The victim, who is between 40 and 50 years old, died at Harborview Medical Center. He was shot in the side, said police spokeswoman Renee Witt.
One man has been arrested in connection with the shooting and police are searching for other possible suspects. Witnesses told police three people argued with the victim just before the shooting. One witness recognized the shooter, police said.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
Police were searching for three possible suspects and caught the one. Details of the arrest weren’t immediately available.
Earlier this year, a man and woman were beaten with a baseball bat in Ravenna Park.
A neighbor called 911 after hearing cries for help about 3:30 a.m. Police found a 41-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman with injuries to their heads and other parts of their bodies.
They said they were attacked by two men and beaten by one with a baseball bat. The attack followed an earlier dispute with the man.
Seattle police say nine people were killed by gunfire in the city in the first two months of the year.