The Navy says a man shot and killed in Seattle last weekend was a sailor.
Petty Officer Third Class Gregory Wayne Anderson Jr., 25, of Fresno, Texas, was shot Sunday, according to a news release from the Navy. Anderson, an aviation ordnanceman, was assigned to the USS Nimitz, an aircraft carrier completing a yearlong maintenance period in Bremerton.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Scientists spot rare, mysterious right whales in waters off Alaska
Anderson was fatally shot and two other men were injured in a fight that broke out about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 2900 block of First Avenue South in Seattle. The three men were apparently part of a chaotic crowd that had emptied from a nearby nightclub, according to Seattle police.
Anderson died at Harborview Medical Center on Sunday evening. The other two men suffered minor injuries, primarily bruises and scrapes on their heads.
Police said witnesses “were less than forthcoming with investigating officers.”