UPDATE, 2/05/2012, 11 p.m.: One man was fatally shot and two other men injured in a fight that broke out about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 2900 block of First Avenue South in Seattle.
The three men were apparently part of a chaotic crowd that had emptied from a nearby nightclub, according to Seattle police.
The gunshot victim, who was not identified, was shot in the lower torso. He died at Harborview Medical Center on Sunday evening. The other two men suffered minor injuries, primarily bruises and scrapes on their heads.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
Police said witnesses “were less than forthcoming with investigating officers.” Details of the shooting remain under investigation.
EARLIER POST: Three men were injured, one suffering a serious gunshot wound, in a fight that broke out sometime before 2 this morning in the 2900 block of 1st Avenue South.
Seattle police reported on the department’s web site that officers who went to the scene found a highly chaotic situation and an uncooperative crowd.
Police said one man was shot in the lower torso and was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. The other two men men were less seriously injured, suffering bruises and scrapes on their heads.
The fight began as people left a nearby nightclub and walked to their cars, and escalated into gunfire.