Authorities say a 22-year-old man shot in Seattle’s Sodo neighborhood early Sunday morning has died at Harborview Medical Center.
A relative of the slain man identified him as Desmond Jackson, of the Central Area. Jackson, the eldest of three siblings, attended Garfield High School and most recently was taking courses at Seattle Central Community College, said his great-aunt, Gazelle Williams.
Seattle police homicide detectives and gang officers are investigating. No arrests have been made.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
A second person was critically wounded in the shooting. Details about this man’s injuries have not been released.
Police responded to reports of shots fired in the 1900 block of First Avenue South around 3:30 a.m. Before they arrived, two gunshot victims — men ages 21 and 22 – were driven to Harborview Medical Center in personal vehicles.
The gunfire reportedly erupted after a fight broke out among an unknown number of people near a local nightclub.