UPDATE 5:26 p.m.: Seattle City Lights said that power has been restored to all areas.
EARLIER POST: Seattle City Lights spokesman Peter Clarke said a large power outage was reported shortly after 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm
The problem has been identified, he said, and crews are working to restore power.
The outage has affected approximately 13,400 customers primarily in Fremont, Wallingford, East Lake, Green Lake and parts of the University District up to Ravenna, Clarke said.
Clarke said the utility company is estimating that power will be restored by 4:30 p.m.