UPDATE AT 6:47 P.M.: The body turned out to be that of a dog, according to the sheriff’s office. The remains were found with some dog toys.
ORIGINAL POST: Detectives with the King County Sheriff’s Major Crimes Unit are at a house in SeaTac where a body, wrapped in a blanket, was found underneath the residence, said sheriff’s spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West, who was en route to the scene at 6 p.m. Thursday.
The house is located in the 2400 block of South 144th Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
Though the body hasn’t yet been confirmed as human, West said detectives believe they are dealing with human remains.