Investigators believe a toaster caused the fire Saturday, which resulted in $750,000 in damage.
A fire in a University District office space Saturday morning caused $500,000 damage to the building and destroyed $250,000 in contents, according to the Seattle Fire Department. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded shortly before 11 a.m. to the building on University Way Northeast, also known as “the Ave,” near Northeast 45th Street.
The fire was in an office on the second floor, which was heavily damaged, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Hilton Almond. Other offices on the first and second floors sustained smoke and water damage, Almond said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and due to a toaster, Almond said.
Most Read Local Stories
- She went to a Seattle thrift shop for crochet supplies and left with a kilogram of cocaine
- King County homelessness 'czar' candidate turns down job
- Rethinking 'man's best friend': WSU research shows the importance of dogs in women's lives
- Coronavirus daily news updates, February 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington State Patrol employee arrested on investigation of attempted child rape