Investigators believe a toaster caused the fire Saturday, which resulted in $750,000 in damage.
A fire in a University District office space Saturday morning caused $500,000 damage to the building and destroyed $250,000 in contents, according to the Seattle Fire Department. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded shortly before 11 a.m. to the building on University Way Northeast, also known as “the Ave,” near Northeast 45th Street.
The fire was in an office on the second floor, which was heavily damaged, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Hilton Almond. Other offices on the first and second floors sustained smoke and water damage, Almond said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and due to a toaster, Almond said.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism