Investigators believe a toaster caused the fire Saturday, which resulted in $750,000 in damage.
A fire in a University District office space Saturday morning caused $500,000 damage to the building and destroyed $250,000 in contents, according to the Seattle Fire Department. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded shortly before 11 a.m. to the building on University Way Northeast, also known as “the Ave,” near Northeast 45th Street.
The fire was in an office on the second floor, which was heavily damaged, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Hilton Almond. Other offices on the first and second floors sustained smoke and water damage, Almond said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and due to a toaster, Almond said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Heavy rain causes flooding in Western Washington VIEW
- 8 people tied up, 2 sexually assaulted in robbery at Bob's Burgers in SeaTac, police say
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war
- Missing Moses Lake hiker not found at cabin in North Cascades, family fears the worst
- Affirmative action debate in Washington takes an Orwellian turn | Naomi Ishisaka