Investigators believe a toaster caused the fire Saturday, which resulted in $750,000 in damage.
A fire in a University District office space Saturday morning caused $500,000 damage to the building and destroyed $250,000 in contents, according to the Seattle Fire Department. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded shortly before 11 a.m. to the building on University Way Northeast, also known as “the Ave,” near Northeast 45th Street.
The fire was in an office on the second floor, which was heavily damaged, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Hilton Almond. Other offices on the first and second floors sustained smoke and water damage, Almond said.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental and due to a toaster, Almond said.
Most Read Local Stories
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
- With clear skies, you can see a full moon, meteor showers and 5 planets this weekend
- Seattle city attorney, in settling records suit, discloses memo advising council that income tax was illegal