Detectives believe the incident started as a fight.
Seattle police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded early Saturday after a concert in the Sodo neighborhood.
A 34-year-old man, discovered after officers heard shots fired, died of his wounds at Harborview Medical Center. A 32-year-old man, who was also shot, received treatment in the same hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident occurred at around 12:20 a.m. near the 1700 block of First Avenue South. Officers were already patrolling the area after a large crowd left a nearby concert venue.
Detectives believe the incident started as a fight between several people, according to the Seattle Police Department Blotter.
Most Read Local Stories
- Flight to Seattle diverted after severe turbulence; 5 injured
- Snow emergency declared in East King County, as thaw continues in rest of region VIEW
- No more snow for Seattle, and a dry weekend ahead — but the cold could still complicate things
- Crews will begin to crunch the Alaskan Way Viaduct into 3-inch chunks this week WATCH
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say