Detectives believe the incident started as a fight.
Seattle police are investigating a shooting that left one man dead and another wounded early Saturday after a concert in the Sodo neighborhood.
A 34-year-old man, discovered after officers heard shots fired, died of his wounds at Harborview Medical Center. A 32-year-old man, who was also shot, received treatment in the same hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident occurred at around 12:20 a.m. near the 1700 block of First Avenue South. Officers were already patrolling the area after a large crowd left a nearby concert venue.
Detectives believe the incident started as a fight between several people, according to the Seattle Police Department Blotter.
Most Read Local Stories
- After 7-year battle, Lake City neighbors rejoice as Lake Washington dead end becomes a public beach
- Crash kills woman, critically injures 2 children near Sammamish
- Driver runs down, kills 2 people at Washington beach
- Man plunges 60 feet into Lake Washington while fleeing officer on 520 bridge, police say
- German tourists run over, killed at Washington swimming hole