Two U.S. Army soldiers from Joint Base Lewis-McChord were killed in separate incidents this week, the Department of Defense announced Friday afternoon.
Two U.S. Army soldiers from Joint Base Lewis-McChord were killed this week in separate incidents, the Department of Defense announced Friday afternoon.
Sgt. Adam J. Ray, 23, of Louisville, Ky., died Tuesday of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with an roadside bomb in southern Afghanistan.
A member of the 4th Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Ray enlisted in the Army in 2005, according to unit records. He was deployed to Afghanistan in July 2009. He also served 12 months at Camp Casey in Korea.
Pfc. Adriana Alvarez, 20, of San Benito, Tex., died Wednesday in Iraq, although the Department of Defense did not provide details about the cause of death other than to say she suffered injuries while supporting combat operations.
Most Read Local Stories
- Sheriff's deputy shot while serving Ballard eviction notice; 1 found dead VIEW
- Sea-Tac Airport fully reopens after suspicious bags disrupt travel WATCH
- 2024 WA governor's race taking shape — if Jay Inslee doesn't run again
- The Pacific Northwest is the 'cat dad' capital of the U.S.
- When UW cherry blossoms will reach peak bloom
Alvarez, was a member of 504th Military Police Battalion, 42nd Military Police Brigade.