Witnesses said a man and woman were arguing in a parking lot before the man shot the woman and then himself.
Two people are dead after a man shot a woman Friday in a parking lot near a Michaels craft store in Lacey.
Witnesses began calling 911 at 5:47 p.m. to report that a man and woman had been arguing in the parking lot before the man took out a pistol and shot the woman and then himself, said Lacey Police Department spokesman Cmdr. Joe Upton. The parking lot is part of a retail area in the 700 block of Sleater-Kinney Road Southeast.
The man, 50, died at the scene and the woman, 41, died later at the hospital. At least 10 witnesses saw the shooting, Upton said.
Detectives do not yet know the relationship between the two people or details about what led to the altercation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- A $21,634 bill? How a homeless woman fought her way out of tow-company hell | Danny Westneat
- Washington Supreme Court rules sentencing youth to life without parole is unconstitutional
- Congressional candidates Dino Rossi and Kim Schrier clash in lone debate in Ellensburg
- Large metal balls zip along West Seattle street, damaging several cars
The victims will be identified by a medical examiner after families are notified.