Witnesses said a man and woman were arguing in a parking lot before the man shot the woman and then himself.
Two people are dead after a man shot a woman Friday in a parking lot near a Michaels craft store in Lacey.
Witnesses began calling 911 at 5:47 p.m. to report that a man and woman had been arguing in the parking lot before the man took out a pistol and shot the woman and then himself, said Lacey Police Department spokesman Cmdr. Joe Upton. The parking lot is part of a retail area in the 700 block of Sleater-Kinney Road Southeast.
The man, 50, died at the scene and the woman, 41, died later at the hospital. At least 10 witnesses saw the shooting, Upton said.
Detectives do not yet know the relationship between the two people or details about what led to the altercation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Weather drama on the way: Lots of rain in Seattle, snow in the Cascades, wind at the coast
- Seattle City Council approves plan for UW to build 6 million square feet, add high-rise district
- Seattle zoning's urban-suburban divide: Here's how the city's two halves are changing | FYI Guy
- After the viaduct: Seattle's vision for waterfront up in the air because some property owners don't want to pay
- SeaTac Councilmember Amina Ahmed dies in car crash 7 weeks after joining council
The victims will be identified by a medical examiner after families are notified.