Witnesses said a man and woman were arguing in a parking lot before the man shot the woman and then himself.
Two people are dead after a man shot a woman Friday in a parking lot near a Michaels craft store in Lacey.
Witnesses began calling 911 at 5:47 p.m. to report that a man and woman had been arguing in the parking lot before the man took out a pistol and shot the woman and then himself, said Lacey Police Department spokesman Cmdr. Joe Upton. The parking lot is part of a retail area in the 700 block of Sleater-Kinney Road Southeast.
The man, 50, died at the scene and the woman, 41, died later at the hospital. At least 10 witnesses saw the shooting, Upton said.
Detectives do not yet know the relationship between the two people or details about what led to the altercation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state waterfront owners asked to take dead whales
- ‘Boycott that question’: Citizen query unnecessary, says chair of Washington state census committee
- Is a stepfather still a father? Court says yes, handing Seattle woman a win
- Bullets hit South Seattle rec center in parking-lot shootout
- 'Petty argument' over baby gate ended with a Renton man fatally shooting his daughter, prosecutors say
The victims will be identified by a medical examiner after families are notified.