Witnesses said a man and woman were arguing in a parking lot before the man shot the woman and then himself.
Two people are dead after a man shot a woman Friday in a parking lot near a Michaels craft store in Lacey.
Witnesses began calling 911 at 5:47 p.m. to report that a man and woman had been arguing in the parking lot before the man took out a pistol and shot the woman and then himself, said Lacey Police Department spokesman Cmdr. Joe Upton. The parking lot is part of a retail area in the 700 block of Sleater-Kinney Road Southeast.
The man, 50, died at the scene and the woman, 41, died later at the hospital. At least 10 witnesses saw the shooting, Upton said.
Detectives do not yet know the relationship between the two people or details about what led to the altercation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Pearl Jam announces $10.8 million to combat homelessness
- Don't worry, Seattle: Snow isn't likely this week, despite earlier warning
The victims will be identified by a medical examiner after families are notified.