A man and woman were beaten with a baseball bat inside Ravenna Park in North Seattle early this morning, and police are looking for the man who did it.
Police were called to the park around 3:30 a.m. after someone called 911 to report hearing yelling and crying, said department spokesman Mark Jamieson. As police arrived, a 54-year-old woman and a 41-year-old man with obvious injuries walked out of a wooded area. The two suffered blows to the head and body during the attack, police said.
The two identified the man who attacked them; they had been involved in an earlier dispute with him, police said. Another man was with the attacker, but police did not release any information about him.
The victims, who suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries, were taken to Harborview Medical Center, Jamieson said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea