Drivers planning to travel east from Seattle on Highway 520 this weekend should prepare for an alternative route as eastbound lanes will be closed.
The lanes will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday between Montlake Boulevard and 92nd Avenue Northeast on the Eastside.
All westbound lanes and ramps will remain open throughout the weekend.
The closure will allow crews to replace 1,750 lights beneath the Highway 520 lids at Evergreen Point Road, 84th Avenue Northeast and 92nd Avenue Northeast.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Hoping for no snow? King and Snohomish counties could see some Wednesday.
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Do you know who she is? Sketch released of woman who died in Kirkland.
Lights over the westbound lanes were replaced earlier this month.
The Washington state Department of Transportation says eastbound travelers should take Interstate 90 or drive around Lake Washington.
The Highway 520 bicycle and pedestrian trail will remain open.