Drivers planning to travel east from Seattle on Highway 520 this weekend should prepare for an alternative route as eastbound lanes will be closed.
The lanes will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday between Montlake Boulevard and 92nd Avenue Northeast on the Eastside.
All westbound lanes and ramps will remain open throughout the weekend.
The closure will allow crews to replace 1,750 lights beneath the Highway 520 lids at Evergreen Point Road, 84th Avenue Northeast and 92nd Avenue Northeast.
Most Read Local Stories
- We now know where Seattle's airborne heart was headed after Southwest flight was turned around
- Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again
- Over 100K lose power as high winds hit Washington, Oregon
- Burned bear Cinder shot and killed by hunter in Washington
- At a prominent Bellevue badminton club, girls describe a coach who crossed lines with massages
Lights over the westbound lanes were replaced earlier this month.
The Washington state Department of Transportation says eastbound travelers should take Interstate 90 or drive around Lake Washington.
The Highway 520 bicycle and pedestrian trail will remain open.