Major traffic delays on northbound Interstate 5 are expected to begin this weekend as crews restrict lanes to repair and resurface the roadway.
Travel between the West Seattle Bridge and Olive Way will be reduced to no more than two lanes from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. from Friday to Saturday and Saturday to Sunday, drivers will be reduced to a single lane. Express lanes will stay open in the northbound direction throughout the weekend.
Northbound I-5 will be also reduced to two lanes April 27-30, May 11-14 and July 13-16.
Most Read Local Stories
- Worker dies in fall at Sound Transit light-rail construction site in Bellevue
- Those grand plans for Seattle waterfront? Time for property owners to pay up, city says
- Semi filled with 40,000 pounds of chicken feathers overturns on I-5 in Federal Way
- Two attacked by cougar identified; wildlife officials say predator was ‘emaciated'
- Paul Allen, Nick Hanauer give $1M each to Washington state initiative pushing new firearms regulations
All northbound lanes will be closed the weekends of May 18-22 and June 1-4, from West Seattle Bridge to Yesler Way.
Crews are repaving 13 miles of concrete and asphalt. and installing 37 new bridge-expansion joints.
The work is a continuation of I-5 resurfacing that started last year on a section of freeway that had not been repaved since it was built in the 1960s.