An emergency air lift was called in to transport the injured to medical facilities.
Highway 2 near Index was closed for hours Sunday following a two-car, head-on, rollover collision, state highway officials said.
Trooper Mark Francis said the Snohomish County accident was called in at 11:47 a.m. The Washington State Patrol reported non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident, which occurred at Index-Galena Road and involved a sports utility vehicle and a pickup hauling a boat, shut down the east-west highway, which is a prime route from Wenatchee to Western Washington.
The Washington State Department of Transportation said the highway was reopened shortly before 2 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- As Washington state public schools lost students during pandemic, home-schooled population has boomed
- University of Washington scientist weighs in on spread of new omicron COVID variant
- Wet, blustery and cool weather to continue in Puget Sound region
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 26: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Kirkland hospital that saw early COVID patients has 'new house' — but it's haunted by pandemic heartbreak