An emergency air lift was called in to transport the injured to medical facilities.
Highway 2 near Index was closed for hours Sunday following a two-car, head-on, rollover collision, state highway officials said.
Trooper Mark Francis said the Snohomish County accident was called in at 11:47 a.m. The Washington State Patrol reported non-life-threatening injuries.
The accident, which occurred at Index-Galena Road and involved a sports utility vehicle and a pickup hauling a boat, shut down the east-west highway, which is a prime route from Wenatchee to Western Washington.
The Washington State Department of Transportation said the highway was reopened shortly before 2 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war
- 8 people tied up, 2 sexually assaulted in robbery at Bob's Burgers in SeaTac, police say
- Affirmative action debate in Washington takes an Orwellian turn | Naomi Ishisaka
- Behind a zoo built for animal actors, decades of concern and violations at Olympic Game Farm VIEW
- Heavy rain caused flooding in Western Washington VIEW