No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Are your neighbors getting vaccinated against COVID-19? Take an area-by-area look in King County
- Even with vaccines, COVID will always be with us; here's why
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 10: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Here are the top contenders in the 2021 Seattle mayoral race
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 11: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world