No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'It's surreal': Seattle's Pike Place Fish Market sold to fish-throwing employees WATCH
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- Downtown Seattle bus station closes for good Saturday. Here’s where to find the buses
- Tremors shove Washington westward, offer clues into next big earthquake
- Orcas have returned to Puget Sound, and they’ve never faced a bigger menace | Danny Westneat