No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Sammamish tops list of rich cities, so what do people there do for work? Here are the top jobs. | FYI Guy
- Seattle, King County to stop taking plastic bags in recycling
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- Accusations over unpaid taxes, traffic tickets fly as Seattle City Council District 1 race heats up
- 'Totally avoidable': state faults, fines companies in collapse of Seattle tower crane in April VIEW