No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington state senator draws anger after saying nurses probably spend time playing cards
- Tearing down the Alaskan Way Viaduct is taking longer than once thought WATCH