No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Prosecutors won’t charge motorcyclist who fatally shot a man in road-rage incident near Tacoma
- Wallingford in shock over killing of ‘pillar of the community’
- UW cherry trees expected to reach peak bloom this weekend. Go check them out — or watch this live stream. WATCH
- Co-pilot sues Alaska Airlines over alleged drugging, rape by flight captain during layover
- Seattle underestimates by millions the cost to run its new streetcar line, Metro says