No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tornado touches down on Kitsap Peninsula, rips roofs off homes WATCH
- Jesuits sent abusive priests to retire on Gonzaga's campus
- Changes to dams on Columbia, Snake rivers to benefit salmon, hydropower and orcas
- Burien dentist's patients should consider getting tested for hepatitis, HIV, health officials say
- Mayor Jenny Durkan chooses Sam Zimbabwe, a D.C. transportation official, as new SDOT director