No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Local Stories
- The Elwha dams are gone and chinook are surging back, but why are so few reaching the upper river? VIEW
- Seattle opens new waterfront park on Portage Bay in 'spectacular spot' where police station once stood VIEW
- Ballots piling up in King County drop boxes at unprecedented rate, officials say
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 18: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Election 2020 voter guide: What you need to know for your ballot due Nov. 3