Traffic incidents snarled vehicles in the region Thursday morning, including on Highway 167 in Pacific where troopers and King County sheriff's deputies helped a mother-to-be get to a hospital before she gave birth.
A crash on northbound Interstate 5 in Lynnwood blocked three lanes of traffic Thursday morning, backing up traffic for miles.
Two cars collided and one person was sent to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, according to the Lynnwood Fire Department.
Meanwhile, troopers and King County sheriff’s deputies on Highway 167 in Pacific helped a woman in labor. Trooper Rick Johnson said Thursday afternoon that paramedics were able to get the soon-to-be mother to a hospital before she gave birth.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo jettisons COO, conservation exec and animal care director
- WA license plates to get more expensive July 1
- 8 people shot outside music event in Tacoma
- Fate of King County wineries, breweries and distilleries once again in County Council's hands
- Pacific Ocean breeze brings 'natural air conditioning' to Seattle area
“The baby was getting pretty close to coming,” he said.