Seattle Sounders’ kickoff and Mariners’ first pitch should take place within half-hour of each other, likely adding to an already complicated commute, WSDOT says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Daylight saving time: Washington state moving toward an end to the clock change
- 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec owes a debt of gratitude to a homeless shelter in Seattle VIEW
- 22 men arrested in child sex-crime sting in Thurston County
- Despite harm to Puget Sound orcas, Canada should expand Trans Mountain pipeline, energy board says
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
“It’s going to be a heavy commute tonight,” said Nicole Daniels, a WSDOT spokeswoman. “Congestion for sure.”
Mariners fans coming from Eastern Washington over Snoqualmie Pass may hit congestion, too. WSDOT will be working on sections of the westbound lane in Cle Elum, Kittitas County, leaving only one lane open, and doing bridge-deck repairs at the summit, WSDOT said.