Seattle Sounders’ kickoff and Mariners’ first pitch should take place within half-hour of each other, likely adding to an already complicated commute, WSDOT says.
Most Read Stories
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
“It’s going to be a heavy commute tonight,” said Nicole Daniels, a WSDOT spokeswoman. “Congestion for sure.”
Mariners fans coming from Eastern Washington over Snoqualmie Pass may hit congestion, too. WSDOT will be working on sections of the westbound lane in Cle Elum, Kittitas County, leaving only one lane open, and doing bridge-deck repairs at the summit, WSDOT said.