Seattle Sounders’ kickoff and Mariners’ first pitch should take place within half-hour of each other, likely adding to an already complicated commute, WSDOT says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Two attacked by cougar identified; wildlife officials say predator was ‘emaciated'
- 1 bicyclist dead, 1 hurt in cougar attack near Snoqualmie VIEW
- $12 million a mile: Here’s how bike-lane costs shot sky high in Seattle
- Washington’s hidden Glacier Peak volcano is among the most dangerous
- Norovirus sickens 56 at 4 Seattle-area restaurants
“It’s going to be a heavy commute tonight,” said Nicole Daniels, a WSDOT spokeswoman. “Congestion for sure.”
Mariners fans coming from Eastern Washington over Snoqualmie Pass may hit congestion, too. WSDOT will be working on sections of the westbound lane in Cle Elum, Kittitas County, leaving only one lane open, and doing bridge-deck repairs at the summit, WSDOT said.