Seattle Sounders’ kickoff and Mariners’ first pitch should take place within half-hour of each other, likely adding to an already complicated commute, WSDOT says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Handcuffed Kirkland man dies after jumping off Highway 520 bridge
- Judge blocks Washington ballot initiative to raise purchase age for semi-automatic rifles
- Enjoy the nice Seattle weather while it lasts: Smoke and thunderstorms expected early next week
- Patriot Prayer, Washington 3 Percenters plan Saturday rally in downtown Seattle
- Environmentalists sue federal government in Seattle to protect endangered orcas
“It’s going to be a heavy commute tonight,” said Nicole Daniels, a WSDOT spokeswoman. “Congestion for sure.”
Mariners fans coming from Eastern Washington over Snoqualmie Pass may hit congestion, too. WSDOT will be working on sections of the westbound lane in Cle Elum, Kittitas County, leaving only one lane open, and doing bridge-deck repairs at the summit, WSDOT said.