Seattle Sounders’ kickoff and Mariners’ first pitch should take place within half-hour of each other, likely adding to an already complicated commute, WSDOT says.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Gov. Jay Inslee's out-of-state trips strain budget of Washington State Patrol security detail VIEW
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
- How the mushroom dream of a 'long-haired hippie' could help save the world's bees
“It’s going to be a heavy commute tonight,” said Nicole Daniels, a WSDOT spokeswoman. “Congestion for sure.”
Mariners fans coming from Eastern Washington over Snoqualmie Pass may hit congestion, too. WSDOT will be working on sections of the westbound lane in Cle Elum, Kittitas County, leaving only one lane open, and doing bridge-deck repairs at the summit, WSDOT said.