The discount only applies to UberPOOL rides.
The city and ridesharing company Uber are teaming up to offer discounted rides on New Year’s Eve.
In an effort to keep drunken drivers off the road, the Seattle Department of Transportation is partnering with Uber to offer discounted rides (free up to $10) between 2 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. on Sunday, New Year’s Day, the agency said in a news release. Users will need to type in the promotional code “SAFESTART2017” to receive the discount.
The discount only applies to UberPOOL rides, which allow multiple riders to be picked up at once along a route.
According to the National Highway Safety Association, traffic collisions are known to increase over the New Year’s holiday period.
Most Read Local Stories
- Western Washington snow to turn to rain, but another chance at snow is on the way
- If you block the box in some intersections, cameras will catch you, and Seattle police will mail the ticket
- Coronavirus daily news updates, December 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- A beloved Tacoma mother and friend never got around to getting a COVID shot. With her death, her family hopes others will.
- Fish passage, dam removal studied as Seattle City Light aims to relicense three Skagit River dams