The discount only applies to UberPOOL rides.
The city and ridesharing company Uber are teaming up to offer discounted rides on New Year’s Eve.
In an effort to keep drunken drivers off the road, the Seattle Department of Transportation is partnering with Uber to offer discounted rides (free up to $10) between 2 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. on Sunday, New Year’s Day, the agency said in a news release. Users will need to type in the promotional code “SAFESTART2017” to receive the discount.
The discount only applies to UberPOOL rides, which allow multiple riders to be picked up at once along a route.
According to the National Highway Safety Association, traffic collisions are known to increase over the New Year’s holiday period.
Most Read Local Stories
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- "I've never seen it this bad": USPS staffing woes hit Seattle area
- Catholic health care restrictions lead WA Legislature to eye changes
- Man rescued by Coast Guard wanted in 'Goonies' fish incident
- Fentanyl smoke delays Seattle light-rail train, officials say