The project, once expected to open in 2020, would run along First Avenue and connect existing streetcars in South Lake Union and First Hill. But the project still faces a $65 million or more shortfall.
- Weekend maintenance, construction work will impact traffic on I-405, I-90, I-5 and Highway 99
- 71-year-old struck, seriously injured in Greenwood
- Authorities: Woman pulls gator from pants during stop
- Washington State Patrol finds driver playing Pokemon Go on 8 phones at once
- Fatal collision involving motorcycle, vehicle reported near Mariner Park & Ride in Everett
- Transit riders say long, crowded bus commutes have driven some back to driving
- Pedestrian dies after being struck, trapped under vehicle in North Seattle
About Traffic Lab
Traffic Lab is a Seattle Times project that digs into the region’s thorny transportation issues, spotlights promising approaches to easing gridlock, and helps readers find the best ways to get around.
- Still fuming about 35th Avenue N.E., Seattle City Council considers new bike-lane requirements
- New Washington law aims to encourage newcomers to properly, promptly register their vehicles
- Viaduct demolition reaches dramatic phase just feet from Pioneer Square buildings
- I-90 floating bridge will stay open during Blue Angels air show