Durkan's pick for the crucial post, if confirmed by the City Council, will take charge as multiple projects are in various stages of development, all with their own significant impacts the city's congested roadways.
- Highway 99’s northbound offramp in Sodo opens Tuesday morning WATCH
- Renton’s freeway carpool lanes make a $197 million connection this week
- Seattle’s Alaskan Way Viaduct begins to come down WATCH
- Crews will begin to crunch the Alaskan Way Viaduct into 3-inch chunks this week WATCH
- How would you grade the response to Seattle region’s February snowstorms?
- No more snow for Seattle, and a dry weekend ahead — but the cold could still complicate things
- Who’s responsible for clearing that snow and ice off the sidewalks?
About Traffic Lab
Traffic Lab is a Seattle Times project that digs into the region’s thorny transportation issues, spotlights promising approaches to easing gridlock, and helps readers find the best ways to get around.
- Did you lose 138 hours to Seattle-area traffic last year? New report ranks 5 other cities even worse
- Traffic fills Highway 99 tunnel again: ‘Going to take a while for a new normal’
- New tunnel? No problem? It was an easy, light-traffic day Monday on Highway 99
- Here’s how the Highway 99 tunnel will shake up your travel routine VIEW