Monday’s spectacular, sunny weather was 3 degrees shy of a record.
The mercury hit 61. The record for the date is 64.
So far this month, the temperatures have been anywhere from a few degrees to 8 degrees above average, said National Weather Service meteorologist Johnny Burg.
Tuesday is also expected to be sunny, but a chance of showers is forecast for Tuesday night through Wednesday. Partly sunny skies are expected to return again on Thursday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?