A Seattle Times lawsuit alleged the University of Washington broke public records law by failing to provide emails from an athletic department doctor regarding rapid...
About Times Watchdog
The Seattle Times investigative team seeks to hold the powerful to account and expose injustices through meticulous reporting and compelling storytelling. Using every journalistic tool available, the team is dedicated to making Seattle, Washington state and the Pacific Northwest more transparent, fair and just.
- Boeing rejected 737 MAX safety upgrades before fatal crashes, whistleblower says | Times Watchdog
- The inside story of MCAS: How Boeing’s 737 MAX system gained power and lost safeguards | Times Watchdog
- Boeing altered key switches in 737 MAX cockpit, limiting ability to shut off MCAS
- Engineers say Boeing pushed to limit safety testing in race to certify planes, including 737 MAX | Times Watchdog
- Lack of redundancies on Boeing 737 MAX system baffles some involved in developing the jet
- Amid serious violations at Washington’s private psychiatric hospitals, a regulator remained on the sidelines
- Washington health department seeks greater power to regulate private psychiatric hospitals
- Inspection reports for private psychiatric hospitals in Washington state
- Massachusetts system ends venture with US HealthVest after Seattle Times investigation
- Gov. Inslee urges stronger oversight of Washington’s private psychiatric hospitals
- A lost voice: Surgery was supposed to mean a better life for Talia. But something went wrong. | Quantity of Care
- The O.R. factory: High volume, big dollars, rising tension at Swedish’s Cherry Hill hospital | Quantity of Care
- Swedish CEO Tony Armada resigns in wake of Seattle Times investigation
- U.S. Attorney’s Office launches investigation of Swedish neurosurgery unit
- Ex-Swedish surgeon Johnny Delashaw has medical license suspended by Washington state
More Special Reports
'I knew it was slowly killing me': Juries award students, parents, teachers $247 million for toxic exposure at Monroe school
King County juries have awarded former teachers, students and parents at Sky Valley Education Center a total of $247 million in recent months for exposure...
Staffers and volunteers at Seattle Humane describe toxic environment, chaotic policies as animal adoptions fell
Despite Seattle Humane's financial advantage and its spacious shelter, its tally of animal intakes and adoptions were a fraction of those accomplished by smaller shelters...
The Washington State Patrol, which has remained mostly white and male over the past 20 years, is changing a key part of its hiring process...
Seattle Public Schools' bus contractor has a history of problems, including the latest cuts to more than 140 routes. But the district in 2019 negotiated...
Pierce County Sheriff Ed Troyer has been charged by the state with making false statements and false reporting involving an incident with a newspaper carrier...
Probe reveals kickback to King County deputy’s wife, exposes concerns over police ties to confidential informants
While the King County Sheriff's Office has made some changes to its confidential informant policies in recent years, it has not implemented two key recommendations...
Critics slam Boy Scouts' sex-abuse settlement offers to 82,000 claimants, including hundreds in Washington
To settle more than 82,500 sexual abuse claims, the Boy Scouts of America proposes a pricing matrix that victims find jarring and attorneys find paltry....
The Washington State Patrol, a century old this year, doesn’t look a lot different than when it started: white and male. For years, people inside...