— From The Associated Press:
The funeral for the two sons of missing Utah woman Susan Powell has been moved to a larger church.
The Curnow Funeral Home in Sumner says the funeral for 7-year-old Charlie and 5-year-old Braden was moved “due to overwhelming response from the community.”
It’s now scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at Life Center Church, 1717 S. Union Ave. Tacoma.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
A private family interment will take place on Monday at Woodbine Cemetery, Puyallup.
The funeral had previously been scheduled at a Puyallup church.
The boys were killed in a fire set by their father, Josh Powell, during a visit Sunday at his home in Graham. Powell was a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife two years ago.