Let’s see, in our hip and trending state, same-sex marriage and marijuana use are now officially legal. We imagine many people have said or will soon be saying, “I do” and “I doobie.” King County says 279 marriage licenses were issued by 6 a.m. today. And for a bit of context on marijuana, Associated Press writer Gene Johnson has written a “history of weed” in the U.S., going back to the days whenGeorge Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew hemp. Nice read.
Marijuana poll: Even if you never used marijuana before, have you considered using it now that it’s legal? Vote in our poll.
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Snow in the mountains: No really! We’ve been saying this on and off for days, but 1 to 2 feet of fresh snow is expected in the Cascades by tomorrow morning. Really. OK, forecasts are forecasts, so let’s see if this one pans out.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Rain will stick around this week in the Seattle area, with a chance for thunderstorms
People can’t seem to get enough of the story on Ken Schram’s departure from KOMO after 35 years. The end of such a long tenure isn’t easy on anyone, but … how soon will we tire of Schrammie jokes?
How about that Gonzaga-Wazzu 71-69 roundball matchup last night:Gonzaga squeaks by Washington State thanks to last-second layup
A nod to ex-Seattle schools superintendent Maria Goodloe-Johnson, who died of canceryesterday at just 55.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- KOMO buying out Ken Schram’s contract; last TV commentary is Monday
- Bellevue officers’ acts at game led off-duty cop to prepare to intervene
- Now that pot’s legal in state, will D.C. delegation defend law?
- Mariners, Jason Bay agree to deal; club still in play for Josh Hamilton
- Brandon Browner’s suspension triggers greatest challenge of Pete Carroll era
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1