It’s happening today: The Seattle Foundation’s GiveBig, online fundraiser.
The event helps more than 1,400 local nonprofits raise money and awareness through online donations.
Last year, some $3.6 million was raised by 19,000 individuals who donated from $5 to $60,000.
The foundation hopes to match or exceed last year’s tally.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022