By Chelsea Krotzer
According to the Washington State Patrol, some people got sick after checking the mail inside the Health Care Authority in Olympia today.
The incident was in the fifth floor mail room, according to Olympia Deputy Fire chief Greg Wright.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
The Washington State Patrol, Olympia Fire Department and ambulance crews are on the scene.
People have cleared the immediate area where the mail was open, but otherwise it’s business as usual inside the building. The building is not closed.