Seattle filmmakerDrew Christie has put together an amusing, and uh, educationalanimated short you’ll find on The New York Times website on the nutria, a rodent that invaded Lake Washington some time ago when some entrepeneurs thought they’d raise them and sell their furs.
That didn’t work out so much and the rodents eventually were released into the lake.
Some folks don’t want the critters here, but Christie makes the point that all of us are an invasive species in one form or another.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Inslee updates list of essential businesses, workers for stay-home order to stem spread of coronavirus
- End of the republic? We're No. 1 in voter turnout — for a reason the president thinks is 'crazy.'
- Hospitalizations for novel coronavirus-like illness declined last week in Washington, offering a glimmer of hope
- CDC weighing new advice on masks in fighting coronavirus; experts say don't take them from medical workers
Have a look at the video. It’s quite the diversion.