The News Tribune / Tacoma
A 40-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of her mother, which reportedly occurred while the younger woman’s father was calling for help.
The victim, a 57-year-old woman, was killed Saturday morning in her South Hill-area home, said Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
The victim’s husband heard the incident happening and called 911, Troyer said.“When we got out there, it was too late,” he said. The woman died at a home in the 13000 block of 158th Street Court East.
The stabbing suspect also had injuries, which were treated at a hospital before she was booked into the Pierce County jail on suspicion of murder. Troyer said the suspect seems to have mental health issues, is from out of town, and hadn’t been staying at the home for very long.