Weather: Expect freezing fog through Monday with afternoon clearing. Not too bad. Highs in the mid-40s with evening temperatures dipping into the mid- to low-30s. The details.
Traffic: Saturday morning traffic is light with no major incidents or blocking accidents. The map and the cams.
Thinking of getting out the holiday hacksaw?
Most Read Local Stories
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- Beacon Hill resident reports guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition stolen; police searching for suspected thief
Here’s what you need to know about cutting your own Christmas tree: It’s illegal to cut trees or boughs on state land. For U-cut trees, try this listing or this listing of private Christmas tree farms, or get a permit to cut one on national forestland, like the Mt. Baker- Snoqualmie National Forest. You could also read our Ecoconsumer column on deciding whether to get a real tree or a fake tree.
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning: