Weather: The forecasts say it’ll be mostly dry for trick-or-treaters this evening, yet the chart says there’s also a 60 percent chance for showers. So, boo to that. Tomorrow looks better, partly cloudy/sunny and very little chance of rain.
Traffic: The viaduct is fully opened this morning … well, not the part that was demolished, of course. The state Transportation Department reminds us that driving on Highway 99 will be at slower construction speeds and there are now some curves you’ll not be used to, so be careful.
Property taxes due in King County: If you haven’t already done so, property taxes must be postmarked by today or you’ll face penalties. What joy.
Most Read Local Stories
- Help! Tipping in Seattle has become a psychological minefield
- Seattle looks to transform Third Avenue from transit-only to inviting 'front door'
- 19-year-old Seattle woman killed in wrong-way crash on I-5
- WA state trooper drives himself to Walla Walla hospital after being shot
- Four days of lane closures begin Thursday next to I-90 floating bridge
Do you remember your first dance as a kid? Have a look at our story by staff reporter Brian Rosenthal: A student’s first-dance jitters
How about them Seahawks? What? Oh, yeah, they didn’t win…
Children of combat vets: A UW study finds that violence is more common among kids of combat veterans.
A story you might want to read before you walk out the door:
- Man breaks into Portland home to watch TV (KGW.com )
Most-read story on seattletimes.com this morning: