A 15-year-old boy who was pulled from Steel Lake in Federal Way on Sunday afternoon has died, according to FederalWayMirror.com.
Tope Akinlosotu died after he was rushed to to St. Francis Hospital, the Mirror is reporting.
Four lifeguards were on duty at the swimming area in Steel Lake Park, at 2410 S. 312th St., when they were notified at 2:15 p.m. that teen had not resurfaced, Olson said. He’d been underwater about two minutes before someone called 911, according to Assistant Chief Gordie Olson of South King Fire & Rescue.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide
Dive-team members located Akinlosotu beneath a dock at 2:44 p.m., roughly half an hour after he’d disappeared, Olson said. Paramedics worked for another half-hour restoring this heart rate before taking him to the hospital, Olson said.
The Mirror reports Akinlosotu was a student at Federal Way High School.