POULSBO — Authorities say a teenager who may have been high on marijuana crashed a car into a waterfront bay early Friday morning.
The Kitsap Sun reports that the 15-year-old boy from Poulsbo was driving fast along a curve and lost control of the 1990 Ford Taurus that he was driving southbound on Lomolo Shore Drive in Poulsbo.
The car flipped and crashed through two docks before landing in Liberty Bay about 6 a.m. Friday.
The underage driver, along with two other youth passengers, were all found standing nearby on the road.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Seattle Times poll finds strong support for more transit — but not bike lanes
- Teen dies after shooting in Renton Walmart parking lot Sunday
- In Seattle's Sodo district, frustration mounts amid RVs, drugs and skyrocketing crime VIEW
None of the three was seriously hurt.
The boy suspected of driving under the influence of marijuana was taken to the Kitsap County Juvenile Detention Center.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/