A former Spokane day care worker who was known as "Teacher Grandpa" has been sentenced to at least 10 years in prison for child rape.
A former Spokane day care worker who was known as “Teacher Grandpa” has been sentenced to at least 10 years in prison for child rape.
66-year-old Eugene R. Wright is to serve 123 months and undergo a sexual deviance evaluation before he’s released, which could mean he stays in prison for the rest of his life.
Wright was arrested in 2010 for sexually assaulting a 5-year-old girl at the Bigfoot Child Care Center at Spokane Community College.
Wright pleaded guilty to first-degree child rape on Jan. 27 and was sentenced by Spokane County Superior Court Judge Harold Clarke.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com