Owners of two of the pets say their dogs possibly drank from puddles at Garfield Park that led to their animals' kidneys to fail.
Tacoma parks officials are asking for pets to stay out of a city park while they investigate reports that three dogs died from a possible bacterial disease.
The News Tribune reports that Metro Parks Tacoma launched an investigation this week after they were alerted to the deaths of the pets that frequented Garfield Park in North Tacoma.
Owners of two of the pets say their dogs possibly drank from puddles at the park last week that led to their animals’ kidneys to fail.
Authorities suspect the cause could be from Leptospirosis, though they are waiting for lab results.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish Health’s ambitious Seattle plans involved a developer with a stake in their success VIEW
- Prison escape of Darren Berg, Washington’s ‘Mini Madoff,' is like ‘Shawshank Redemption,' official says
- Video surfaces of Seahawks' top draft pick Malik McDowell's arrest, and it is very NSFW
- Seattle police recommend charging ex-City Council candidate for false reporting in voucher program | Times Watchdog
- Washington state drivers 5th worst in nation — and trending in the wrong direction, new study says
Parks officials say the disease can spread to humans from contact with infected animals, contaminated water or soil. They recommend that people avoid puddles and wash after coming into contact with soil.