A man King County sheriffs chased and lost track of last week in White Center and West Seattle was arrested around 6:30 p.m. today, according to spokeswoman Cindi West.
Emanuel Kozma, 30, was spotted and arrested in a Denny’s parking lot at South 170th Street and Pacific Highway South in SeaTac, West said. He’s been booked into a King County jail for investigation of eluding law enforcement, first-degree assault and unlawful possession of a firearm.
Kozma had been out of jail for only a few hours when sheriffs tried to pull him over for illegal possession of a firearm the night of Wednesday, Oct. 10. They lost track of him as he sped off, but later found he had crashed his car with a female in it and fled the collision scene on foot. Several law-enforcement vehicles searched and a helicopter scanned streets for him, while residents of Seattle’s Delridge neighborhood were warned to stay inside their homes.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness