An 18-year-old male suspect turned himself in to King County Sheriff’s Office in connection with the fatal shooting of another man early Wednesday morning at a Skyway apartment complex.
The suspect is a resident of the same apartment complex, said Sgt. Cindi West.
When deputies arrived at the shooting scene around 12:30 a.m., four adults were trying to help a 19-year-old, who was shot in the chest, according to West. Four children, ages 2 to 7, were in the apartment, located in the 13400 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Way South, she said.
A neighbor reported seeing two men run from the building shortly after the shooting, West said.
Detectives are still investigating what motivated the shooting.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say