A 26-year-old man was arrested late Sunday night in connection with a fatal shooting in Covington Sunday afternoon.
The King County Sheriff’s Office said the victim, a 48-year-old man, was fatally shot in the head. The 26-year-old arrested in connection with the crime was an acquaintance, said sheriff’s spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West.
The victim was found in a trailer parked behind a house in the 26800 block of 172nd Place Southeast, she said.
Officers initially detained four or five people at the scene while they were investigating.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle to help buy three new apartment buildings to house people facing homelessness
They were called to the trailer around 5:30 p.m., West said, and the man was dead when they arrived.