Police said previously they were investigating the shooting as an accident. The girl's mother says she doesn't believe it was accidental.
Police say a 16-year-old Mountlake Terrace boy suspected of fatally shooting a 17-year-old Edmonds girl has been found and taken into custody.
KOMO-TV reported Monday that the 16-year-old had been at large since Gala Zuehlke was found shot to death Friday in her unit at Horizon Park Apartments.
Police said previously they were investigating the shooting as an accident. The girl’s mother, Amanda Intveld, says she doesn’t believe it was accidental.
Police say her body was found by a friend inside the apartment where she lived with her father.
Most Read Local Stories
- Toxic PCBs festered at a Monroe school for eight years as students, teachers grew sicker
- Why a giant fog cloud is parked over Seattle area, and when it will clear
- WA launches website to order free COVID tests; here's how to get them
- Research shows psychedelic mushrooms can help treat depression. Is legalization on the horizon for Washington?
- Rolling in the deep: Sound Transit's downtown Seattle tunnel would bring riders 145 feet below the street
Police say Zuehlke knew the shooter, who was reported missing by his family about 10 days before the shooting.
No further information was immediately available.