Police said previously they were investigating the shooting as an accident. The girl's mother says she doesn't believe it was accidental.
Police say a 16-year-old Mountlake Terrace boy suspected of fatally shooting a 17-year-old Edmonds girl has been found and taken into custody.
KOMO-TV reported Monday that the 16-year-old had been at large since Gala Zuehlke was found shot to death Friday in her unit at Horizon Park Apartments.
Police said previously they were investigating the shooting as an accident. The girl’s mother, Amanda Intveld, says she doesn’t believe it was accidental.
Police say her body was found by a friend inside the apartment where she lived with her father.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state primary election: How the day unfolded, plus results of key races VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 4: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- After protests near her home, Seattle police chief asks City Council to intervene; activists say neighbors pointed guns at them
- Gov. Jay Inslee leads primary election results in race for Washington state governor, Loren Culp leads Republicans VIEW
- Not much of a blue wave in Washington's primary election. But results show the state is getting more polarized.
Police say Zuehlke knew the shooter, who was reported missing by his family about 10 days before the shooting.
No further information was immediately available.