SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Fire has destroyed a landmark restaurant in Spokane.
The fire early Sunday morning destroyed Shogun, a sushi and hibachi restaurant east of downtown.
Firefighters attempted to enter the building and attack the fire from inside, but were unable to because of heavy smoke and flames.
Multiple engines poured fire on the flames for about six hours and the building was completely destroyed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- COVID's invisible toll on Seattle's trans community
There were no reports of injuries.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.