Good morning.Quiet night, as far as news goes. But that rain…
Weather: It’s going to be wet,highsinthe 40s. The forecast.
Is pot the plastics of today? Investors (and moviegoers who know the “plastics’ reference from “The Graduate”) may wish to take note of the latest growth industry — growing stronger since legalization votes in Washington and Colorado last month.Reporter Jonathan Martin introduces readers to two Seattle-based Yale MBAs who see marijuana as a new mainstream business opportunity.
Two Seattle-based Yale MBAs emerge as the button-down straight men on the business frontier of marijuana, as legalization in Washington and Colorado turbocharged pot into a mainstream business opportunity.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Seahawks play this morning: Another game out of town. Let’s hope for the best as Seattle plays Chicago.Thegame startedat 10 a.m. PST. Reporter Danny O’Neil lays out the situation: “The Bears are 5-1 at home this season, Seattle 1-5 on the road, but Seattle has been at his best against stronger opponents. Seattle is 4-1 against teams that were .500 or better at the time of the game, 2-3 against opponents who entered the game with a losing record.” Read O’Neil’s full assessment.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Katt Williams a no-show at Seattle’s Paramount Theatre | Matson on Music
- Brace yourself for more rain, bounty of snow
- Murder-suicide involving Chiefs’ player stuns team
- Stanford-UCLA rehash, and the Pac-12 bowl outlook . . . | Pac-12 Confidential
- First showing of new arena design not exactly a slam-dunk