Driving high…How much pot is too much pot for driving? That’s an issue Seattle Times staff reporter Jonathan Martin looksat in his story on I-502, which wouldlegalize recreational marijuana salesin our state.
Paying for parking via smartphone:Columnist Danny Westneat points outthat for a few Seattle City Council members, a proposal to allow us to pay on-street parking with a smartphone to help us avoid parking tickets is flawed. The number of fines collected by the city would drop. Gee, imagine that.
Now, about the Mastros’ hideout in France: Well, that just it! The one-time Seattle real-estate magnate and his wife were living in the open or at least not hiding their identities from their neighbors in Marceau, France. Huh? The couple, who have been on the run for 16 months, are fugitives wantedin Seattle on 43 counts of bankruptcy fraud and money laundering stemming from the collapse of Mastro’s real-estate empire and his subsequent bankruptcy.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
Most-read stories on seattletimes.com this morning:
- D.C. sniper Malvo says he was sexually abused by accomplice
- Huskies upset No. 7 Oregon State
- Magnitude 7.7 quake strikes off Canadian coast
- Megastorm could wreak havoc across 800 miles of US
- Medical bill led authorities to Mastros, official says