Weather: For your hustling and bustling and shopping pleasure? Sorry… showers and in the 40s. The forecast.
State politics: Politics reporter Jim Brunner profilesstate Sen. Rodney Tom, whoteamed with a fellow Democratand 23 Republicans to announce a new “Majority Coalition Caucus” would run the state Senate. Brunner examines whether Tom isa bridge-burning”egotistical opportunist” or someonewho will collaborate to help get things done.
Husky football: Columnist Steve Kelley looks at QB Keith Price’s future after the Huskies’ loss in Las Vegas on Saturday.Ok, but what about the future of Husky Stadium? Bloomberg looks at the finances of the dealand explains the$250 million renovation will cost the federal treasury about $154 million over 30 years,mostly in lost tax revenue.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Seahawks: The Hawks fight for a playoff spot tonight on Sunday Night Football. Game starts after 5 p.m. on KING 5. Before you watch, take a look at Seattle Times reporter Danny O’Neil’s pre-game assessmentof a game he sees asa test of “whether Seattle has turned the corner.” And be sure toread O’Neil’s profile of QB Russell Wilson to learn more of his life and motivation.Too short to play quarterback, they told him? As athird-round pick, don’t expect to start? O’Neil traveled to Virginia to hear mother Tammy Wilson’s message of resolve:”Don’t be defined by what other people say,” she says.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com: