Can after-hours marijuana use after Dec. 6 get you in trouble at work? Pot will be legal starting Dec. 6, but the new voter-approved law does not affect employers’ right to drug test their workers. Show up with marijuana in your system — even residual amounts from a few weeks back — and there’s no guarantee your boss will look the other way. Reporter Jonathan Martin explains what you might want to know before lighting smoking that legal joint.
Cougars fall to Arizona State: Losing is no fun. Bud Withers describes just how un-fun the Washington State football season has become. It’s like, he says, the time he “locked keys inside a rental car with the engine running.”
Huskies bash Colorado: QB Keith Price tied a school record for touchdown passes. Bob Condotta writes about the Huskies’ second-half march to victory.
Sounders play at home at 6 p.m: Sure, a comeback from a 3-0 deficit is improbable, but hope springs eternal.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Weather: Wet, windy — for the next several days. The forecast.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- President Obama, gymnast McKayla Maroney do the ‘not-impressed’ face for photo
- Hostess workers here lose jobs, but bakery worth big bucks
- Price’s five touchdown passes get Huskies rolling past Colorado, 38-3
- Amazon sellers complain of tied-up payments, account shutdowns
- Huskies get big recruiting news amid difficult week
Traffic: a reminder that the Highway 520 bridge is closed today. Set to re-open at 5 a.m. Monday.