Weather: Look outside this morning, and you won’t see much. Fog has coated the area, but sun is expected to break through soon. Highs in the 40s. Here’s the forecast.
Shooting overnight outside Lake Union nightclub: Seattle police shot a man who they say had fired a gun into a crowded nightclub parking lot at 1000 Fairview Avenue North. The suspect was taken to Harborview Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, police said. Another man, who fled the scene and later flagged down an officer, was taken to Harborview after telling police he had been shot. Read more.
The Seattle mayor’s race has started already? Of course it has. Reporter Lynn Thompson takes a look at where things stand now, and why so many candidates — nine, yes nine — are being talked about (or talking about themselves) as alternatives to Mayor Mike McGinn. The election is in November 2013.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
Seahawks: Early game today, as Seattle plays in Miami at 10 a.m. PST. Channel 13. Will the Seahawks be able to win on the road? In the first two months of the season, Seattle lost four of five road games. Read reporter Danny O’Neil’s assessment of the team’s road struggles, and the need to turn the corner.
Most read on seattletimes.com: